Translate

Friday 23 November 2018

Starting some long put off projects

Recently we played a game of Battlegroup, a rule set that I am beginning to like. While setting up the table I did a quick inventory of my collection of trees, and other scenery bits. I have concluded it is woefully inadequate for my needs. However in my review I noticed a plastic container of trees, that I had picked up a year or two ago, but had never done anything with them. Well this week I took care of that box.
But, again, being unfocused I also started some other projects. I started with some CD based terrain items (as per Mel The Terrain Tutor), but after prepping five of them I remembered that I had some funky sheets of moss like terrain, so I paired up a CD with some off cuts of the terrain sheets, and started work on a bog/fell.







These are the scenic bases that I am prepping. They will become woods for some planned Pulp Alley gaming in the Great White North. Again I have a large supply of fir trees that have been sitting in a bag for a year or two.



Finally some shots of the trees that started this project. there are 24 trees all individually mounted, with bases gritted and flocked and sealed. The individual trees will be used to line the roads. I do have plans for proper woods that will see multiple trees attached to large stands, but that is for later...
 



 

1 comment: