Translate

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Unexpected, but should not have been "Easter" egg find


A while ago I made a find in a dollar store, this dinosaur egg, that contains a dino skeleton. I actually bought this for the egg, it had an interesting texture to it and I thought it might work as a hull of a boat. Unfortunately it did not open up the way I hoped. At any rate I figured at least I had some bones for an archeological dig. 


Now, I bought a couple of these with out really paying very much attention to them. The first one I opened was a stegosaurus, and I boldly assumed the other ones would be the same. Time went by, and the items languished in one of my bits boxes. Then I started to work on the Pulp Alley Lemurian campaign. I started looking at what I could use for buildings. This item came to mind, they would tie in well with some plastic coconut shells, and could be grain silos.


 The actual point of this long winded tale is that the skeleton that was in the egg that I did use was a T-Rex.  It actually is not that bad a model, and I think will look fine in some future museum scenario.


No comments:

Post a Comment