Translate

Sunday 27 June 2021

John Carter Warlord of Mars board game

 

So, I started to rework the old SPI boardgame about John Carter. Always a favorite game, in theory, but it has a lot of issues with it and needs to be brought into the modern style of games. I am looking at crossing the original with rules ideas from Flying Frog Games (makers of Fortune & Glory, and A Touch of Evil) Their games are typically fast play, action oriented, and theme heavy. I feel there are a lot worse games to emulate.

First up was a redrawing of the original map of Barsoom. I have added a lot more colour, and textures than the original had, and I have tried to add additional information not shown on the original (for instance Red or Green Martian cities etc.

It is a start. Next I really have to look at the rules and see what I want to keep, and what rules will need to be updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment