Translate

Wednesday 2 November 2022

Raventhorpe order has arived and problems with Sgts' Mess


 

Thanks to Liz Truss, there was recently something of a sale on items from the UK, so I quickly cobbled together a few orders from a number of different companies to try and take advantage of the weak pound. I have a fairly big wish list for items from Raventhorpe and the first of the boxes has arrived today containing 21 items.

In this wave we have 7 German cars, 2 Churchill tanks, 2 Shermans, 2 Universal carriers (mortars), 2 M8 HMC, a Humber IV, a Hetzer and a Daimler AC. In the back you can see 2 skoda 152mm guns and out of the picture is a Somua Multiple Mortar vehicle (some assembly required) A good haul to start with, it fills in some gaps. I have at least one more box of stuff that should be arriving soon.

I also have an order in with Grubby tanks, but there seems to be a delay in gathering up the ordered items to ship to me. 

I had also placed an order with Sgts' Mess for a large assortment of bits and bobs, tarps, weapons, limbers and miscellaneous items. Sadly that order went unfulfilled. Shortly after placing the order I realized there was more stuff that I wanted, so, I reached out to them to add more items. No response! Three more emails to them yielded the same lack of reply. In the end I was forced to escalate the problem to Paypal. They too seemed to get no response. In the end I had to get a refund instead of all the cool toys that I wanted, very disappointing. Hopefully the same thing will not happen with Grubby tanks, at least he responds to emails.



No comments:

Post a Comment