Translate

Wednesday 5 June 2019

More work done towards quick siege game


Background info:
Back in the 80's and 90's I got into Warhammer, played a lot of games, bought a fortress or two, and built a lot of siege equipment, kits and from scratch. It has been three, maybe four moves since I last did any real fantasy gaming. My collection has been packed and unpacked moved and jostled many times, each time causing varying amounts of damage.



Now:
Well, I really have let my collection languish in neglect. So now that I have it in my mind to do some fantasy war gaming, be it Warhammer 3rd/6th edition, or Sword & Spear fantasy, or some other game I have started to take stock of what I have. So far 90% of my collection needs some serious help. Apart from the dust, and damage, there is also the fact that mush of my collection was painted back in the 80's, time has not been kind to my early painting. Back when I first started painting my figures, I did not even understand wash techniques.  Add to that there is the problem of old basing, and or a mix of basing styles, damaged figures, partially painted figures etc, it looks like a major undertaking ahead of me.

This siege better spark my interest, or I am doomed!😵        

In the meantime, more pics of the planned siege game for this Saturday.
Oh yeah, the siege equipment needs some work to.










1 comment:

  1. Looks really good, don't let yourself be "doomed" get a game in this summer!

    ReplyDelete