Translate

Sunday 26 May 2019

Siege time, and a need to rebuild


Last year at Cangames, I was able to buy a complete, assembled collection of old Warhammer cardboard buildings. They are very well done, they have been braced, and based, and have a real nostalgic feel to them. They also go well with my mighty fortress, released around the same time. There are 39 buildings/bridges,tents etc, and I have managed to jam them all onto the table. So, it is time to do a siege, something I have not done in a long time.




This has prompted me to assess the currents state of my siege collection, and of the fortress. Well, they need work, but are not beyond salvation. The fortress is essentially intact, some damage, some incomplete painting of bits (hence why the gates are not in the picture) The siege equipment really needs some attention, they need to be cleaned up and/or to be replaced. Some need new bases, all need dusting! On top of that I want to build at least one drawbridge, and maybe a portcullis or two.

Thinking of doing this game two weeks from now, so a defined target date should hopefully propel the project forward! Meanwhile some more pictures of the current state.













1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Look forward to playing a siege game, it has been a long time since the last one. Are the roofs removable on those buildings? Is the Windmill in the picture part of the Warhammer (3rd or 4th Ed) cardboard building set? I have the cardboard building set from the 5th edition - there was no windmill with it.

    ReplyDelete