Translate

Saturday 7 July 2018

Apologies for being absent

I'm back...sort of

I cannot believe how long it has been since my last post. No excuse really, just the usual life gets in the way, work running me down, other time constraints, you know, life. However recent events have changed this pattern, for the better in the short term, hopefully in the long term too!

I have been made redundant as of June 25th 2018, and will no longer have work as an excuse to fall back on!!! In the short term I am off with pay until 2020, after that time I may be able to fully retire. While the long term is not crystal clear, I am thinking at worst I may need to start looking for a new job around the end of 2019. What ever the eventual outcome the immediate results will be a significant increase in hobby activities, including blog posting.

So I have not fully come to grips with this change. I am not happy about leaving the people I worked with. I did enjoy my job, it was challenging, often rewarding, but not as rewarding of late. Clients and staff kept me busy, they also provided much needed socializing, and some exercise (I was rarely able to remain seated at my desk, something always had me moving around) My biggest concern right now is actually the social aspect, all to easy to retreat into my cave and not talk to anyone all day. Thankfully the missus is around to keep me grounded, but she is still working, for now, so its just the cat and dog keeping me company weekdays. No woe is me here, hell I still get to work on my hobbies not at some job, things are pretty damn good, I just don't want to get lost.

So a bit of a ramble to get to the blog, and to my renewed commitment to posting at least once a week! With luck I will be producing enough to have a lot of stuff to post. I have hope that that giant mountain of lead, and plastic and MDF will be conquered, and I will post my progress reports here. 

Right now I am looking at Mondays to be my 'new' regular posting day, with the occasional posting whenever I find something worth posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment