Translate

Saturday 20 October 2018

Ahhh Venice



This past week it was time to really get working on my Venice collection. While I had built a lot of the buildings and platforms, there were a number of extra buildings, alternate roofs, and a couple more plaza 'platforms'. Somehow I stayed focused enough to build and prime everything.


As of Friday, all 20 buildings have been built, and primed. All the building come with thin card details and many have card roofs. These have also been primed ready to be attached to the primed buildings. I have 6 bridges ready for detail work, and the 20+ plaza sections have all been sprayed and inked and are essentially done.

Next week I will be inking the buildings, and the bridges, dry brushing, and attaching the detail bits.  I will also be painting any details that need to be done, doors, decorations etc

After that it will be the boats. I have 6 gondolas, 3 speed boats and a cabin cruiser.  I will also have to add a bunch of poles too. The pictures are just a WIP snapshot, with roofs perched on the buildings, really meant to keep me inspired, and to get a feel of what I am doing. The 'water' sheet is about 4' wide and 5' deep, to give you a sense of scale.










1 comment: