Translate

Friday 21 January 2022

Analogue challenge update March 16th

So far so good!

This challenge has really got me painting stuff, maybe not so well but certainly quicker than I normally do, and are, at least, tabletop ready.  Four weeks in and I have almost equaled my entire output for all of last year. Further more I am, mostly, enjoying it. I say mostly as there have been late night sessions to push myself to finish off stuff before the posting deadline of Tuesday, so those moments maybe are not the best times. However even the pressure and the late nights ultimately leave me elated as I see the results!

My gaming room is a disaster zone as I keep pulling out more and more stuff to potentially paint. At the start of this event I had laid out a selection of miniatures that I hoped to tackle, however this has not entirely worked out as planned. While I have worked on some of this stuff, I have pulled out far more items covering a wide selection of genres. Right now on my table [Friday January 21st] are at least 100 figures, while surrounding my work area are maybe another 100 or so figures. 

All these figures are in various stages of completion, which is normal for me. Sometime between now and Sunday night I will have to narrow down my focus to what can be done for Monday/Tuesday. My target day is to have stuff done for Monday night, my actual deadline is Monday before 6pm (at the latest) As I said I have quite a few items nearing completion so I hope to have another good 300+ posting. 

Amazingly I am currently sitting with the most points, but it is a staggered event, with posting dates throughout the week so it is a very ephemeral thing and not a focus of mine. What I really want to do in this challenge is not only to paint as much stuff as I can but to also establish a painting habit that I can maintain after the challenge is completed.  

Stuff in the pipeline:

  1. 70 points 14 Women's naval unit
  2. 180 points 4 islands with 17 add on buildings
  3. 80 points 4 Dystopian wars landing barges
  4. 165 points 33 Sanwar Martian warriors
  5. 70 points 14 Martian female fighters
  6. 85 points 17 Female Nazi she wolves
  7. 135 points 27 Spy-fi Henchman 
  8. 75 points 15 Super alien host figures
  9. 25 points 5 super alien host figures
  10. 100 points 20 Spy type figures
  11. 25 points 5 Jack o' lantern figures
  12. 80 points 4 out of 10 tanks/armoured car
  13. 25 points UNIT troopers
  14. 100-200 points 20-40 super figures 
  15. 75 points 15 Ice warriors
  16. ? points for assorted polar explorers.
  17. 8 Eldar titans
  18. 200 points 40 Chaos in Carpathia



1 comment: