Translate

Thursday 3 September 2020

Well, thats a bummer, and my descent into madness

 

 Apparently, it does not bend that way...

This was my favorite lamp, still like it even in this state. Kind of crimps my style, as I am blind without a magnifying lamp, and this was the best I have. So I spent part of this evening/night, trying to figure out how to repair it. The conclusion is that I do not have the resources on hand to effect a repair.😞

It happened while I was on a roll, working on my VSF ships, took me right out of the mood.  It also interrupted my work flow. So, from happily working on the ship, I then was obliged to seek out something to fix the lamp. Obliged in the sense that I was hit by one of my compulsive moods that will seize me and keep me in it's tight grip. I become fixated. The task becomes all consuming, to the point that I can not be deflected from it. So for a good portion of the evening, I sought out a solution to this broken lamp.

So what you say, that does not seem so bad. Well this was but a prelude to the actual madness!

Once I had figured out what could and could not be done to fix the lamp, I tried to finish off my other plans for the evening, namely to post to my blogs. Now, I had taken a few pictures today to use in my posts. Not many but I wanted them added in. It had not been that long since I had taken said photos, but could I readily find my camera, no!  Did I keep searching, yes, for maybe 45 minutes, or at least it seemed that way! Over and over, covering the same ground repeatedly. I am sure you know the statement:

 "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

Well that was me tonight. The thing is, it can be me any given night or day. First thing in the morning I head downstairs to my gaming room, arriving at my desk I reach for my 'thick' glasses, only to not find them where I am certain I left them. Other times while working on a project I will put down the pliers, only to not find them mere moments later when I reach for them again, and I never moved from the spot where I was sitting! Time and time again this happens. Generously I like to think that maybe I am just so focused on the task at hand, on the object in my hand, that I neglect to pay attention to my surroundings. More likely though it is a sign of my descent into madness, and senility!

Tonight though the fixation, the searching, the repeated actions culminated in an explosion! Frustration reached the boiling point, amid cussing, and cursing, I physically lashed out. Thankfully it was only a couch that felt my fury! Once my rage was released I returned to my desk, sat down in my chair, swiveled 45 degrees and, not surprisingly,  stared at my camera sitting on my table, not even an arms length away..   

I fear that that picture of my lamp, just dangling there, barely holding on by a cord, well, I think that's me.

 What are the odds that I can repair both of us?

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't you bolt or rivet on a metal plate or attach a metal flange for somehow reinforcing the joint? The joint itself might be repaired by melting (welding, effectively) the plastic pieces together

    ReplyDelete