Translate

Monday 2 August 2021

Weekly update 3

 


 So, my dental surgery (such as it was) impacted my output this past week. Apparently the post treatment drugs left me somewhat tired. Also I spent far more time watching the Olympics than I normally would, the result is a low production week.

However while not much rolled off the assembly line, I did tackle the massive pile of junk that has occupied my various gaming tables! So my smaller table was cleared off, and the various buildings that I have been working on, plus a few others, have been set up. It clears some space near my painting table and gives me a chance to get an overall look at what needs to be done. 



This is set up for a Pulp Alley game or maybe a 7TV game. The set up allows me to test out the cardboard that I think I will use for sidewalks. I have scads of these thick, legal size cardboard sheets that I figure I can cut down draw grids on to represent sidewalks. I think they are pretty much the right colour unpainted, but I will work on some test pieces to see how I like them.



Purchases

I bought this on a whim, because, you know, I just don't have enough buildings.



While it is designed for a game that uses heroic proportioned figures, I feel it will match up well enough with my existing buildings. It is heavy, hard plastic with plenty of details and a few options. So far I have primed up all the parts in various base colours and plan to paint these parts prior to assembly.

Also received an order of three Ancient Briton chariots for Infamy Infamy, which I have assembled and plan to prime this upcoming week.

Projects

I am getting distracted again! I saw an excellent post on jungle ruins on LAF and that has inspired me to dig out my Kickstarter set of ruins by Archon. It also inspired me to pick up some bright coloured paint so that I can try to copy the excellent work demonstrated in that post.

Still building the newly arrived Russian WWII vehicles, only a 1/2 dozen or so left.

 I have also started to review various rules that I hope to play, one way or another! Be it solo or with a small number of players, I feel the urge to try out Mantics Walking Dead, Pulp Alley and 7TV. Therefore I have been reviewing these rules this past week.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That would seem to be a fair amount of progress!

    I realize that the buildings are only placed temporarily on the cardboard, but some more alleys between buildings could add gaming interest.

    That Crisis Protocol building looks good! Might the window A/C date it to post-1945?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes while I have stacks and stacks of cardboard I would like to figure out how best to use them. At very least I plan to cut them up so that when I draw 1" lines on them the lines will come out even. I suspect I shall make a number of different sizes for added variety and options. I am also debating on the colour. As is they are a light grey colour that will stand out from the black tarmac. However I fear they may look to much like cardboard.

    As for the AC units they come as separate bits so no need to add them onto the buildings.

    ReplyDelete