Translate

Saturday 23 April 2022

A change is coming...

This may not be a bad idea, but it certainly will be painful and disruptive as I have decided to rearrange my gaming room. After two years of no gaming and with the first potential gaming day just a month away, I have decided that now is the time to rearrange my gaming room. 

When I started to think about this reorganization I figured that there was no way that it could work, there just wouldn't be room for everything to be shifted where I wanted. Then I started taking measurements and plotting what I might be able to do. Well, sadly it should (at least in theory) fit perfectly, damn. 

So the plan is to 'simply' have this painting area...

 

 ...trade places with these shelves and wall unit. As it so happens both are 280cm in length (there is 60cm of CD racks just out of the shot).

 

Also plan to do something with this corner unit and replace it with a more conventional shelving unit. This part of the plan has not yet been figured out. Originally I simply planned to replace it and chuck it out (actually Kijiji it). Now however I may have figured out a use for it we shall see. It also looks like I will replace at least one low shelving Ikea Billy unit with a high unit. My rule storage are has become a little crowded of late.

 

Also in the mix, I plan to remove my bits boxes to the garage freeing up shelf space below the gaming table. This space will allow me to store some scenery under the gaming table either in photo copier boxes or simply free standing.

 

 The new high book shelf unit may also free up some of these shelves for scenery as well.

Finally, this reorg will open up some of the zones in my room. Once moved, the painting tables new location will mean  that I can push back away from it without colliding with the gaming table. The area where the painting table was, will gain one foot of space making moving around the gaming table that much easier.  In addition there were things that got in the way of the miniature cabinets, specifically a low wheeled table was for ever getting in the way, soon it no longer will. 

All this will also require some additional lighting, I will need to replace one light fixture with an outlet that will then have some overhead lighting plugged into it to provide illumination to the new painting area. 

IKEA here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment