Translate

Sunday 17 January 2021

Making a move on my 20mm WWII collection of unfinished kits

I was wondering if my recent interest in working on my massive collection of unfinished kit builds would translate into action on my 20mm World War two, collection, the answer, apparently is yes.

First up was one of my own personal challenge builds, something that I have put off for many years, for no good reason: the Airfix Buffalo. There is no good reason why I have avoided this kit, it really is no worse than many other kits, and yet, I have started but never finished building one of these models for decades!

Well no more, I have now done two of them. I require 6 in total, and I believe I can locate enough parts to build those last two models. It is a sad statement on my hobby life that I tend to open model boxes, look at the parts, sometimes even start the assembly process, only to become distracted, disinterested, and (almost literally) toss the kit aside! This often leads to parts getting separated and or lost. So this past weekend I searched through the various piles of left over parts, and found at least three hull, which hopefully means I will be able to find enough parts to build the two buffaloes that I require. That will be an adventure for Monday.

This past weekend I went after my Zveda collection of snap together 1/72 kits. They are nice, and for the most part truly do not require glue. However they are a little finicky at times, with very small parts, that can present a challenge to the thick fingered among us. However, this was another good production weekend with the following kits assembled.

  • 11 German motorcycles
  • 03 German 81mm mortars (2 per kit)
  • 02 German 75mm infantry gun 
  • 01 German Flak-38

Add to that the two Airfix Buffaloes and it was a good model building weekend. So 19 kits built, mostly on the Sunday.

On top of that I also primed up all my previous builds so those are ready to be painted!




No comments:

Post a Comment