Translate

Saturday 2 January 2021

Two days into the new year and my first post...

 


So I thought I would tackle this little project. It has been in my basement for a few months (less time than other items), but I have been keen to work on it, and well, I did!

It is a large 1/72nd scale model but, thankfully, not a complex one to build. It was a very simple, straight forward build, clear instructions and everything fit together very well. My only issue was the over packaging! Every sprue, or major part was in it's own plastic bag, maybe 12 in all, not certain that all those bags were required.



 The clamps were only required to make certain the two saucer halves would glue together with no gaps. 




 As can be seen, the command room is of a very good size for 28mm figures. There are spots for chairs but I ,ay not glue them in as they highlight the 1/72 vs 28mm scale difference. Also without the chairs there is more room for figures.



As can also be seen, there is enough clearance under the model for your average adventurer. 

The model stands 6" high and is 14 1/2" wide. The command area is a little over 5" wide and the walls are about 1 1/2" tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment