Translate

Sunday 24 January 2021

Best month ever for building stuff

January 24th and I have completed 114 kits (many of the kits contained more than 1 model) My giant pile of unfinished/not started kits has been significantly reduced, so much so that it is actually noticeable!!!

In 24 days I have exceeded my output for all of 2020, and, at least with regards to the WWII items, many, many combined years. Some were items that were so close to being completed, that it smacks of insanity that I never did a coup de grace on the model, and been done with it years ago. One can also add to that grouping some of the resin WWII items that consisted of a handful of parts, quick to build, and not a real model at all (but even those sometimes required work as resin is not always well cast) Some, like the Buffaloes did not even have their bits in one place, no I have had to scavenge the house and garage seeking out their hiding spots. For the most part I have managed to locate what I sought, but there are a few items that so far have eluded searches.  Thankfully many boxes/kits were intact and merely required assembling.

For no good reason, I have made a concerted, FOCUSED, attempt to deal with the mess. My pile of models was beginning to look like an episode of Hoarders. Now I have space on my storage shelves, now I can properly asses what I have, what I need to buy to fulfill some TO & Es, and what I do not need.  

I plan to continue this into February, possibly switching to the stack of flat packed MDF buildings, Hopefully February, March at the latest, will see me painting this stuff. Right now to bitterly cold to prime my recent builds, but I think I have plenty to paint as it stands...

No comments:

Post a Comment