Translate

Thursday 16 April 2020

This, is the aquarium temple, a little bit bigger


Yet another item stting around gathering dust. Finally pulled out the Dremel and cut the base down. Original base was close to 2" thick so took off around 1 1/2 inches, and amazingly the temple is still level.


I saved the cutoff to make cliffs for some hills that I need to build. Another gamer/blogger Shed wars had used the same temple for his Argonauts project.
He took off more of the base, leaving the stone work flush to a base. I have, for no good reason, decided to leave some rocks to elevate the temple, both ideas work. I will be basing this to better protect it.







4 comments:

  1. Very nice....I have some Egyptian themed aquarium items as well as purpose gaming manufactured ones awaiting my attention for a proposed Stargate idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I used to have one of those, but sold it a few years ago, thinking that it may not have been so contemporary for ancient historical times in that kind of ruined state. However, they are obviously fine for pulp and ancient sword and sorcery settings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! I do still have one! Of course, after barbarian invasions and volcanic eruptions, not to mention exploding powder magazines, temples do come to ruin. However, during ancient times, for how long might a temple to a commonly-shared deity have stayed ruined after a fire or earthquake? Perhaps, it would be better not to ask, ha ha ha...

      Delete
  3. I also have one of these I picked a few years ago from Pet Smart. I think it will work well for Osprey's Of Gods and Mortals or similar games.

    ReplyDelete