Translate

Tuesday 7 July 2020

and so it begins


A small start but something! Created about 30 or so new stands from what I had based up before.
A slow process, as some figures are well attached to the old bases.  
For now I am not repainting, but I am doing some touch ups. 




I did do some quick touch ups on these zouaves. Twenty years ago I had no idea how to properly use inks/washes, the result on the left shows it, reddish/brown stains all over. Some touch up to the turbans and pants, and pimping up the metal was in order. I will work on the flesh later.



Also note, the new bases are not finished, I still have to flock and add stones and other scenic material to the bases.

Prying off figures and re-basing them is not as satisfying as painting, so I hope to tavkle these buildings over the next few days.


Apparently, back in the day I thought inking them would be the best approach. Not such a good idea.
I do look forward to whipping these into better shape!


No comments:

Post a Comment