Translate

Thursday 31 December 2020

Upgrades to the gaming room, and my RPG centre

 


 So despite the lack of miniature gaming, and therefore the lack of inspiration to do any miniature work, I have, nonetheless, decided to upgrade and rearrange my gaming room. First up was my light box. Given the lack of output not really a rush on this, just something that was long overdo.

 

I am hoping to get back into painting this winter, so decided to bring my spray booth inside. Ironically, it so far has been a warmer than anticipated winter, I could have left this outside. However I can use this anytime for small amount of priming, and still do my mass priming in the garage.


Then I figured it was about time to have more light on my gaming tables. I replaced the pendant light that was hanging over my secondary table with a small, but very bright strip light, What was good for the smaller table was good for my larger table. An air duct in my room always blocked the light, so the solution was simply to attach a strip light under it. The bonus from these light upgrades is that whenever the dark dull winter gets me down, all I need do is retire to the basement and flick on the lights, instant bright daylight!  



 What follows are pictures of my RPG centre. To fill the gaming void I have turned to Roll20 to run some RPG's. We are using the Vortex system, to play some pulp adventures. Currently set in 1927 with a bit of a Cthulhu flavour, and a hint of time travel/alternate worlds. 

I have been enjoying the online gaming far more than I thought I would. I find that somehow, not being in the same room has made it more productive. Part of the reason is the lack of distractions, while we can still see each other, there is less incentive to chat about stuff, and more of a focus on the game. Another factor is that we have eliminated travel time, which means a game session does not take as much time from ones life. It also means that we have less reason to cancel a game session. That whole I do not feel like leaving the warmth of my house to travel there and back does not enter into the process.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment