Translate

Friday 2 November 2018

Well, remaining unfocused I have now leapt into my WWII collection

Apparently it was time for some reorganization and prep work on my WWII stuff. I have been very gradually moving along my wall of cabinets cleaning up the jumble of 'stuff' in each. First off was my VSF collection, now every nation has it's own shelf, everyone is in proper order waiting to be deployed on the table.

Then a quick stab at my Pulp figures, but more work will be required there...

Then all of a sudden this week I summoned up the strength to work on my WWII collection. Apparently I have a lot of WWII some of it almost presentable!

The basic reorg done, freed up room for more items to be stored once they are completed.




I have had some of my 20mm stuff for a long time, (some of it from the 70's!) and I have always had a haphazard approach to my collection, especially the painting of said collection. Over the years as a result of many starts and stops my collection has an eclectic look to it as I have adopted then changed my painting 'technique' many times. The end result is that most of my stuff is just not up to snuff!


So, time to start over...I have decided to redo the paint job on every vehicle. For the last couple of days I have redone the base coat of all my late war German, British and Americans. Uniformity has been achieved!! Now I have a good starting point to paint up my stuff in a coherent manner.

Mostly cleaned up shelves.


Along with the reorg, and the redo of the base coat I have also finished off and washed many, many vehicles. Below are some of the 100 models ready to be primed and base coated, a job for next week.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment