Translate

Wednesday 27 March 2019

It was a good day today





A trip to Value Village and a Dollarama store, a location that I do not visit often, has netted me a fine catch! A submarine, a hill/escarpment, Bonsai trees and hair clippers (for my teddy bear fur battle mat project).



The first two items are from Value Village.
First up is the submarine, an item destined to be a pulp atomic sub. I had spotted these before in Toy R Us but certainly not for $3.99!




Next was the shocking find of an actual piece of scenery. Usually I find stuff that I have to convert, but this was actually a purpose built item, intended for Christmas displays. A little touch up/repair will be required, and I will have to decide if I want to keep it as a winter scene or maybe convert it to a desert theme.






Finally, ever since Howard Fielding posted images of a Bonsai tree that he found in a Dollarama, I have been checking out the local stores in Ottawa. I happened to be driving past one that I have never been in and decided to check it out. Well, after having been to about 1/2 dozen stores I finally found what I had been seeking. What I did not realize was that there are at least three different styles of foliage. I bought an example of each. They come in small ceramic planters that they come out of very easily, and the trunks are actually nice looking. Not certain what to do with the pots, if they were plastic they might have been of some use, but they are ceramic. I suspect I will donate them to Value Village.












1 comment: