Translate

Sunday 17 March 2019

Possible game mat for Congo games



So, found this at the Dollarama store. It is a soft furry throw blanket.
To me of course it looks like possible material for grass lands. At only $4.00 for a 50" x 60" mat, I figure it was priced right to experiment. Now I have been thinking of making a teddy bear fur gaming mat, but I have just never gotten around to it, even though I have some that was bought at a particularly good sale price.



I immediately started looking at vids on how to work with teddy bear fur. One thing I noticed right away is that the teddy bear fur has much longer fur than this mat. But I also noticed that everyone spends a lot of time pruning down the entire mat to achieve their results. I figure I am already starting with short fur, so maybe this project will go faster. Also the fur on this mat seems rather strongly attached, so perhaps I will not encounter the fur loss that so many talk about.

I plan to tackle this project this week, hopefully Monday, as I will clear off some table space tonight, and clamp it down ready for painting. At any rate check out my other blog in a day or so to see what progress I have made.







No comments:

Post a Comment