Translate

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Hotlead, March 29th - March 31 2019 my pictures of the convention games part 1 of 3

What a Tanker game in 1/32 scale!

 
Just back from a trip down to Stratford Ontario to check out the gaming action in Southern Ontario. Only my second time making the 6 hour trek to the show, but both times the drive was worth it! Excellent convention, great array of games being played, and a great one day bring and buy, which to be honest is the main motivator for me attending.



It is a three day event, starting Friday evening and running through to mid day Sunday. Saturday is the day to attend, (if you only have one day), as the gaming floor is teeming with players as they play dozens of games.

The bring and buy is a highlight for many with shoppers prowling around the tables prior to the 9:30 start. Friday night, usually finds me yearning for dawn, much like the French in Henry the Fifth as visions of triumphant purchases flood my brain. By 9:00 AM Saturday, a curious crowd starts to form around the tables eyeing the treasures displayed before them, and straining upon the start, watching the clock slowly tick down to the 9:30 start. Then a cry goes up from the volunteers staffing the tables, the sale begins, and like ravenous wolves the buyers surge forward, to pounce upon their prey! I would have taken pictures if not for the fact that I was at the front of the pack, my territory staked out, and my items firmly grasped in my hands. "I shall not be moved from this spot, this bounty is mine!"

I did well this year, and came away with many, many great finds. It took multiple trips to get the booty back to my room, such was the success on that day.

The games 

What follows is a visual sampling of the games on display over the weekend.

Some of the fine tables set up by the local Middle Earth Battle Strategy group, The Ontario Hobbit Adventures. They are a great group of players, producing spectacular looking games. They ran a tournament during the convention, and also had a drop in table that offered anyone a chance to try out the game, in a friendly helpful, atmosphere.
A true class act!    










The drop in table


The drop in table again


First Tensho Iga war - Test of Honour rules









  Hastings here they come - Triumph rules







A funny thing happened on the road to Damascus - home brewed rules

A fast moving free for all game, riotous action, hidden missions, and a great time by all who played.







No comments:

Post a Comment