Translate

Monday 30 September 2019

I'm Baaacck....

Sort of.

Sort of because I was never truly gone, been here all summer, but then again I have not posted for months.

Why?

I have not posted because I have not had much to say. This summer has been largely devoid of miniature gaming, or any activity related to miniature gaming.



Why?

Several reasons really, in part there has been a lack of desire, I have been in a funk, not in the mood, uninspired. Adding to that malaise, has been the inability to get "the gang" together this summer.
Gaming inspires me to game more, the lack there of lessens any desire to game. It can be something of a catch 22 scenario, the lack of gaming keeps me from trying to game, but trying to game would have inspired me to game!

So I have games set up, ready to go, the same siege game that is featured in some earlier posts, and a WWII game table that has been used for What a Tanker (the only miniature type game that has been played lo these many months)

Thankfully I have been able to fill the miniature void with some alternate gaming, specifically board games and RPG's. Been enjoying the board gaming, I have a large inventory of board games far too many have not been played. So far I have played 29 different games this year, only 150 more games to go!

RPG wise I have been working on any number of game systems. My quest for the perfect Super hero game shows no sign of being resolved in a satisfactory way.

On the other hand I feel I can see the light at the end of tunnel regarding my Chivalry & Sorcery game. I have long enjoyed the, combat & magick systems of C&S, but not so much the other systems. In particular I have been drifting away from level based systems. So I have experimented with skill based systems, Legends, Magic World, and 'simple' systems like Barbarians of Lemuria.
I have, more or less, settled on a fusion of a few games.

This reawakened interest in my old game world has inspired me to rework the old maps. Initially a simple plan to update the maps, it has taken on a life of it's own, consuming more time then I thought it would (a silly idea to think it would be a quick thing) My world has both expanded and contracted at pretty much the same time. I changed the scale of my hex grid from 10 miles across, to 5 miles across, but then expanded many of the maps, some to the point of over compensation! At any rate I think I have regained control of my C&S world and will hopefully have newly rendered maps by the end of this week.

Hopefully I will regain control of my miniature gaming world, and see some gaming in that realm soon. On the plus side, my outlay of cash on miniature related items has been reduced, something I have been striving to do for many years.     


No comments:

Post a Comment