Translate

Friday 21 August 2020

What a revolting development this is

 Never felt more bad for someone in the twilight zone than this guy ...

 This just keeps playing in my mind.

 

Initially, like Henry Bemis, time was always an issue when it came to working on my favorite pastime.   Work and married life, and, yes even socialization impeded my hobby progress. On top of that procrastination, and lack of focus also hampered my efforts. 

Retirement helped, no work distractions, a lot more time to do what I want to even with household and other distractions. In some ways too much time, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. You know, hey it's a nice day out, let's do something outside, can always paint stuff tomorrow. Still, a real 1st world problem, too much free time oh poor me...!😏

But at 59, another challenge reared it's ugly head, my eyesight! This has been a growing concern as a recent prescription radically increased the thickness of my eyeglasses. Diabetes has had an interesting affect on my vision, and my struggles with sugar addiction sees my vision going on a roller coaster ride as I change the amount of sugar that I intake. 

But these are, more or less, controllable. More regulation in sugar levels helps, and the use of better lighting, and magnifying devices (built into lamps or hobby glasses) But now a new problem has presented itself, my right hand index finger has become strained. This is a nuisance, as I am right handed and the finger seems to play a pivotal part in painting. It seems to be a tendon injury that I assume I should rest if I want it to heal. To rest would mean to stop painting, right when I am in a major painting spurt. To not let it heal, most likely means continued pain, and maybe extra damage, but at least I would have more stuff painted, just not as much as I would without pain. So now with time, eyesight, focus, and an actual desire to paint, a finger tendon injury threatens to sideline me!

As Henry say, "That's not fair"

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Yup been there (62) here, have the same issues also but, it's all manageable as you say. Fairness is over rated ....never saw it in life up to this point don't expect it any time soon, so I just press on.... Although that whole exchange for wisdom over youth is also a crock lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not I too do not believe that much in life and fairness, if I did then there would be a lot of bad stuff coming my way...:)
      I am just always amused by this episode. To me it is a parable about seizing the day because there will never be a perfect time to do what you want.

      Delete
  2. I don't get the movie reference, but bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight zone, original TV show, Burgess Meredith...a classic

      Delete