Translate

Thursday 27 February 2020

Life in a snow globe



It is days like this that make me happy that my former employer pushed me into early retirement!
Many employees in Ottawa were told to work from home, had I still been employed that would not have been an option for me, as I was more directly involved in face to face interactions with my clients. Just thinking about how this type of day played out in the past sends shivers through me and once again reconfirms that I really needed to get away from my previous working life. 




I truly do not miss the daily commute, days like this are best spent indoors with ones hobbies.



Of coarse at some point I will have to go outside to clear away the snow, maybe if anything is left by April...It is a heavy wet snow that will challenge ones snow blower, and ones back when the show blower jams. We were expecting upwards of 40cm of snow, but now it looks like a more reasonable 20cm, more or less. This has been a strange winter, only a few days ago the temperature was +5 C and there was no sign of snow, now, well it is only February, and we do live in Canada, Ottawa to be specific, so this is not so extraordinary.






No comments:

Post a Comment