Translate

Thursday 11 March 2021

Recent arrivals

 



 Fantastic Battles arrived a couple of weeks ago, while Infamy, Infamy just arrived this week. My initial reaction to both rule books is very positive, despite some minor misgivings. Fantastic battles has a couple of items that I would like to tweak, nothing too big, but range and movement kind of bug me. 

For Infamy Infamy it is the fact that it is based on the general Fat Lardies rule system. However, while I have had challenges with it in other games, in Infamy Infamy it feels right to me. I have watched a few videos of the rules being explained, and a sample battle or two, and I must say I like the feel of the game. I particularly like the use of missions to make it more than just a stand up and pound on each other type of game.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Infamy, Infamy? For Kenneth! An inside joke from when it was launched, if I remember correctly. Which kind of Romans might you raise to use with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not yet painted, etc., but Early Imperial and Marian Romans, plus assorted Celts and Germans, I think.

      Delete