Translate

Wednesday 21 July 2021

Alternative for card driven games CHITS!

 Not an original idea, but 'borrowed' from fellow blogger  Saturday Mornings I took a little bit of time and cut and assembled some chits.

Now, apparently, I really should have been wearing my thick glasses, as these photos reveal some improper alignments, however they look fine on the table (just avoid zoom cameras) If it really bugs me I might make some more, after all I kept the cards so I have another corner that I can harvest.



Saturday Mornings (Ivor) used a nicer deck and was able to get more of the card onto his disks. I just used a cheap Dollarama deck of cards that I had lying around the game room, some wood disks that I bought on the off chance that I could use them for something (again Dollarama) a 3/4" hole punch and some Mod Podge. It worked out really well, no warping, and the Mod Podge gives the cards some protection. 

The truly amazing thing is that I just read about this idea last week and actually got it done rather than dither over it or putting it off. Yeah they could be neater, but at 60 years of age the eyes are not that sharp, so there. What can I use them for? Well Dead Mans Hand, and Fist Full of Lead come to mind, as does Savage Worlds. Any system that has players assign cards to their miniatures will benefit from the much smaller footprint that these chits provide.

Thank you Ivor!






 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea!

    Did you apply the Mod Podge over the punched-out card, too?

    Have you recently seen those wooden disks at Dollarama, or were they from a purchase of a few years ago?

    Are the card values on both faces of each disk, or do they have a non-marked reverse?

    Where on that blog does he describe how he made his? I looked, but couldn't find anything like a specific post or tutorial.

    Finally, "V"...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied Mod Podge to the disk, affixed the cut out card to the disk, then put Mod Podge over the card as protection.
      Recent purchase, the disks are still available, they come in a mixed bag of 3 different sizes, there are about 56 of these small disks in the bag.
      One sided disks as one may be required to put ones orders/cards face down beside their figures
      Not certain where he talked about it, I can not find it again.(but his site is great, lots of ideas)
      As for the V never know when you might want another random chit to represent something special, one of the cards in the deck had that as a centre graphic, so I took it.
      I am working on Mk II version, as the imperfections annoy me. Mk II will be sprayed white on one side black on the other, and the card cut outs will be attached to the white side.

      Delete