Translate

Saturday 3 July 2021

Smile!

So my Monday night ended not so well, as, ironically, while brushing my teeth I managed to push my front tooth out of my gums! Now, this tooth was injured some 40+ years ago during a touch football game, when a friends shoulder got real friendly with my mouth. While the emergency dentist was able to shove the tooth back into it's proper place, it was with the advisement that it may die sooner than later.

Well some 40 years later it has finally bitten the dust...

While the root cause of Tuesdays incident was the injury, apparently, the injury also ultimately led to tooth resorption a situation that I have been living with for quite some time. Resorption added to the weakness of the tooth but all the dentist could offer was another a wait and see diagnosis.

While 11:30 at night was not the best time to have my tooth dislodged from it's normal spot, and dangling by a thread (so to speak) I am thankful that it did not happen on a Friday night, when my dentist would not have been available. The tooth did not completely detach from my mouth that night, no, instead it hung on dangling away threatening to be swallowed at any moment.

So after 1 1/2 hours at the dentist, mostly talking, but a few minutes of freezing and tugging it looks like I will be without the tooth until near the end of July. I guess I will be finding out if my retirement health insurance plan is any good. 

There is no pain in all this, and we are still wearing masks around here, so not too many need to deal with the visual, but the lack of tooth will have an impact on my RPG sessions. I guess the villains will all be talking with a lisp!

Warning photos of me, and my non existent tooth follow (only for the strong stomached)

You have been warned....

'Hanging on by a thread the pink is the resorption'




2 comments:

  1. Yikes! How did you retain it between 11:30 pm and whenever it was that you saw your dentist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee! The photos are as hideous as you warned me... also, you seem to be missing a tooth.

    the ronin, knight Errant, non-Western Keep guy

    ReplyDelete