Translate

Sunday 18 July 2021

Weekly [?] updates

What, hopefully, will become a regular feature.

I hope to record what (if anything) I have been working on even if not completed. This will also include links to my other blogs where pictures (if any) can be found.

Tabletop Gaming

Pulp Alley

I have started to look at table top gaming again, as there is a small chance that it may once again start up. So I have been reviewing Pulp Alley, specifically the Vice Alley campaign book. I have some ideas to make it work better, and plan to make some changes to it so as to differentiate it from the campaign we have already played. Also look at th book of scenarios to see which ones can be incorporated into the campaign.

'O' Group

A back burner project as I slow accumulate more Russian stuff. I suspect the key will be to keep up with the new arrivals, building what arrives, not letting it pile up. So far so good.

Geezers "Shut it!"

Amusing game of 1970's cops and robbers set in England. Once you get past the language [it is in English, but British 1970's slang English!] it is a fun looking game. Might play as is or maybe convert to 1970's US cop show [I have been painting to the old Police Story show] Basically more guns and longer car chases. 

Painting

First up after working on two buildings by Old Glory I decided to take a look at the other OG buildings that I have. I was shocked tp see just how bad they looked. In this case I do not mean the casting quality (which is very rough) but the fact that some of these had appeared on a gaming table in what would barley be considered as painted. So this past week I have been working on these remaining 7 buildings in an attempt to finish them off, progress has not been bad.  

I also painted up some big bad pulp villains Only 5 big figures finished off, but many more figures waiting in the wings. Also, I decided to work on some of my Pulp Alley skimmers, another long time primed that should have been completed ages ago! Hopefully will show up in pictures next week. 

Also working on four small south of the border buildings  and a large church.[Sarissa] Most of the way done with the four small buildings, just starting to paint the church after adding a plastic tile roof, and some plaster splotches.

I also primed up what Russian vehicles that I have built, so a light tank, 3 self propelled guns and 12 trucks.

Upgrade to work area 

I also latched upon an idea to better store my WIP figures. It is from Ikea and I had been using it to store sundry paper, bu it is better employed to keep my figures safe while working on them (and it keeps my desk clean)



 RPG sessions

Managed to get two sessions in this week, 2 hours each. Another adventure in the world of the City State of the Invincible Overlord, and completed chapter IV of our Pulp Fantastic Menace of the Moon People.  

2 comments:

  1. It would be great to resume pleying Pulp Alley after almost two years. What is that IKEA unit called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/kvissle-letter-tray-white-70198031/

      Delete