Translate

Saturday, 12 September 2026

New arrivals

 


So a few things arrived this week and one item was found at a flea market.

First arrival is this new paint shaker. This is a new device that is hands free, which is the main appeal. Saw it on Painting Panzers and it looked good. The big question is, is it actually any good? I have not yet tested it as I am going through funk phase and not interested in painting (also my painting table is a mess) 


It is an adjustable hands free unit.


I have been looking at Moon Colony Bloodbath for a while now. The art work drew me in first then the concept. Intrigued I watch a review by Shut Up & Sit Down and that was it, I needed the game. So here it is all ready to play.


We gave it a proper test and after the first try, played two more games right away. It is more fun than it should be, all your plans and attempts to settle the moon are all for nought as disasters and robots will inevitably destroy your colony. Great fun!




Next up, a couple of books for a Planet of the Apes RPG. First saw this at a Chapters, but found a much more reasonable price through 401 Games. Where I got Moon Colony Bloodbath and the hills. This game is based on the old West End D6 game system, apparently simplified. Mostly I bought it for the fun of reading through it, but hopefully I will get a chance to play it.


I also bought a couple of more GW hills. It was a moment of weakness, but they will be painted up to blend with my VSF Martian terrain.


Final item, on Sunday I found a Captain Scarlett saloon car. It is somewhat beat up paint wise but is essentially intact (missing the antena). Maybe I will finally start painting the Crooked Dice figures that I have that go with it.



It pairs up well with my other car.

No comments:

Post a Comment