So, we played three games of this last night, lasted until around 1 AM (we started late) so naturally I had a go at it this morning solo. Last night of the three games I played I won, tied and lost, so you know pretty even competition. In the solo game you are striving to get the 13th event card or as close as you can get to it. So far in our two player games we have yet to make it to that card, but we have been close. In today's solo play I made it to the 9th, 10th and in the last game the 11th event card.
While there is of course a lot of randomness to the game, I feel I also made a few critical mistakes. I failed to restock my blood banks that would have staved off some colonist casualties. There were other errors, but they were mostly in hindsight. It is a game of choices and while they may seem sensible at the time sometimes, well, they just don't work out, and maybe some colonist suffer that might not have suffered had you chosen a different path.
A nice touch for solo playing is the extra starting card the you add to the deck.
It is a fine example of the sense of humour of the game creators.
Again this is a great game whether played solo or with others. There is humour in the 'frustration' of watching your plans, and colonists, sucked into the void, crushed by robots, irradiated by reactor leaks, starve to death etc etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment