Translate

Monday, 7 September 2026

Final Girl, finally played!

 


So, I have had this game for a few months now, even had it all set up, but just never got around to playing it, until now...

Final Girl Camp Happy Trails!

This works out to be a fine solitaire game with plenty of potential variety, be it within the scenario or due to there being many add on scenarios. Camp happy trails is a riff on the Friday the 13th movies, you are the hero trying to defeat the homicidal villain and safe some campers.

Well into the game, many campers have been killed by Hans, but I have saved 5 of them! Hans is the red meeple, I am the purple one.

The game presents you with many decisions to make. You can perform actions based on cards in hand, but fail to many actions and you will run out of time, if you run out of time you will be hampered in getting actions for your next turn. Also what do you do in a turn, do you save campers, gather equipment and weapons to counter the villain do you combat Hans or try to elude him? However you can rarely if ever do all the things that you want to. meanwhile Hans may move and or attack the campers or, gasp, you!

It took me some time before I actively attacked Hans.

After I took the fight to Hans.

Horror level low, well armed but outclassed by Hans. I was reduced to 9 health and when flipped the token indicated no extra life, I was dead, but Hans was reduced to 2 health!

It was a tough but fair game. I had my chances but also dealt a tough blow at the start of the game. The initial event forced me to only be able to rescue one camper at a time, this put quite the crimp in my plans.

I plan to try this adventure out again real soon before trying out some of the other movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment