Translate

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Day two of the great search



Well, 24 hours later and still no sign of the missing part!
As you can see, I have carefully placed the remaining piece in a sealed plastic container.



To be clear, I have not torn my room apart in search of this item. I have assessed the situation, I have tried, and failed to come up with a more terrestrial solution to the problem. In answer to some questions, there was no garbage can within 3 feet for the part to fall into. That did not stop me from looking, and systematically removing and examining the contents of said box. I did a thorough search of the clothing that I had been wearing, of the items that had been on the table at the same time. I have looked under carpets, carpets that were well out of the drop zone (tested by dropping the remaining piece)  Nothing!!! Then why not take my room apart, well I have decided to be more zen about it, hopefully it will be returned to be my whichever powers took it, or more inconceivably, I will find it as I continue to sort through the various projects on my table.

More horrible to my mind is the doubt that has begun to creep into my mind. Like some insidious malign creature, it seeks to undermine my confidence, to make me question what I know to be the truth. But, what is truth, can any of us be certain that we can unequivocally state that we know precisely what we saw or what we did. Yesterday, when I wrote part one of this rant, I was 100% certain of the facts, I had two pieces of lead for the tail of a beast that I was assembling, I separated them, one part remained in my hand, the other was on the table, just to the right of where I was sitting.

If I begin to doubt this, if I question what I perceive to be reality, where will it end? Am I now to doubt that I had ever made a second journey to the moon? Were my interactions with Zolton of Thorg all my imagination? Where will this end?

Now a new more eerie theory presents itself. As I sit here writing this note, a gravestone has fallen off of my zombie game. To the best of my recollection it was nowhere near the edge, certainly not balance precipitously on the edge. No cat was present, no breeze, like a lemming, it simply threw itself off the table. Could the answer to the missing  piece really be poltergeists?

Further more, should I find that I am mistaken, that something I am so certain did not happen, really did, then what does that say about the state of my mind. As crazy as it may seem to suggest that a wormhole, or some other inter-dimensional portal opened up and swallowed the part, I am more concerned that the reality is simply a case of me not realizing that I had been interrupted, that I had gotten up, or that (gasp), there never was a second piece.

So the real issue might just be that I do not know what reality is anymore.

To be continued...?

No comments:

Post a Comment