Translate

Saturday 23 November 2019

Saturday, primarily a priming day


Who knew you could over exert oneself snipping bits of metal off of the feet of metal miniatures...?



Over the last couple of days I have been diligently working on the lead pile. I have been assembling, and basing anything that comes within my reach. Now I base all my stuff on washers, and a lot of my miniatures are designed for plastic slotta basest. What I typically do is take some straight cutters and simply have at it with those. Occasionally I come across a tab that is thicker than the others, and with the newer figures using metal that is tougher than lead, it sometimes leads to a bit of a battle. However I have never bled in my eyes over it, until now! It looked even worse last night at around 12:30 when I discovered what had happened. I can only assume this happened while snipping!

At any rate, today was priming day!
It was a nice enough late November day, for Ottawa, so I decided to spend the afternoon, going back and forth from my basement out to the garage, where I could enjoy the inhalation paint fumes for the afternoon.

Now, I have not touched a figure with a paint brush in 3-4 months! However I have hopes of getting back into it, so to prepare for that day I am prepping as many, and as varied a selection of figures as I can, so that no matter what genre catches my interest, I should have some ready to go.

I do feel I have accomplished something towards the hobby, although I am not certain why I have so much Dr Who figures!

Primed today:
19 Daleks
20 Cybermen
17 Icewarriors
18 Centaurans
35 UNIT
18 Dalek troopers
08 Gallifrey guards
05 Robots
19 Silurians
16 Autons
02 Zygons
26 Misc
-------------
203

35 Chinese pirates type figures
07 Hazmat post apoc
09 Post Apoc
22 Captain Scarlet
14 Rocket men
33 Misc pulp figures
08 Plot points
07 Fembots
11 Dogs
01 Cyclops
01 Crocodile god
21 Scenic bits
10 Italeri stone wall sprues
------------------------
148 figures
31   scenic bits

351 figures and 31 scenic bits primed, man o man, I better get the painting bug again soon!





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, it is scary to me, that, after priming so much stuff, I look around my room and see so much more that still needs to be prepped and primed.

      Delete