Translate

Monday 18 November 2019

It's happened again...



Scene of the extra dimensional event



...but this time I know I did not move!
Therefore I can assume I have finally witnessed, and can confirm the existence of micro wormholes.

It was a quiet day, not unlike any other day. The weather outside had turned from a freezing, biting cold, to a more tolerable sub zero cold. I had been working on assembling, and basing some of my vast lead horde, when the, event, happened.

There had been two of these, attached to each other

This seemingly innocent piece is all that remains, it's twin has somehow been relocated in space and time. I suspect that in some other dimension, there is an amoeba like creature staring at this small piece of lead in wonder of what it is, and will no doubt add it to any number of single socks...

My work area

Normally I am plagued by any number of gremlins, you know the beasties, always sneaking off with any tool that you have just used, and that you know you put down just there. You know right there, right beside you, only when you go to reach for it, it is not there, it has been relocated, often hidden, under something else, or hidden in plain sight, just not where it was.

The same thing happens to parts of a large project. Where is that so and so sprue, with the parts I need right now, how has the glue wound up way over on the other side of the table. My favorite is when something has trans located right across the room almost as if I had unknowingly carried it there while searching for some other missing item...!

But this mysterious occurrence transcends mere gremlin mischief, it is on a David Blane/David Copperfield level of disappearance, possibly even hyper intelligent, pan-dimensional creatures.

While I admit this is not the cleanest work area, it is a relatively confined area. The detaching of the two parts required two snips and and a bit of knife work. Unlike most of my snipping I did this over the table, and nothing went flying. I know for fact that I was not disturbed while working on this, that I did not get out of my chair, and that I remember seeing the item on my table within arms reach.

When I finished the little bit of trimming that was required, and after I had dry fitted the piece into the tale of the large beast I was working on, I sought to retrieve the other piece only to find that it had vanished!

There is no explanation, no plausible theory other than, a portal must have opened up!!!
Even as I write this, the item still has not been found, at this point I can only hope the strange beings on the other side of the rift are benevolent, and will not just chuck it out, but will send it back to me so that I can finish my model making! 

The floor beneath where I sit

 As can be seen, I do accumulate a large amount of scrap, as I feverishly work on my many projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment