Translate

Saturday 30 November 2019

ULLA!


No one would have believed in the last days of November 2019, that Martian forces that had for so long remained unassembled, and buried in boxes would soon see the light of day as fully built and primed models. Few friends even considered the possibility that I could start and finish a project, and yet for reasons only minds immeasurably superior to mine, could fathom, I started to think about the game All Quiet on the Martian Front. I started to regard the pictures of the great work done by other gamers, with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, I drew up my plans, to work on my collection.

First I got the music to listen to while I worked. Next I located the unassembled miniatures, all that was remained was the motivation.

Guess what, I found that too!

I had picked up a lot of All Quiet on the Martian Front miniatures a few years ago, and they have been quietly languishing away in photocopier paper, boxes almost all that time. I had certainly taken them out, and dry fitted them, I had dreamed of what they would look like when assembled, but apart from a relatively few models, not much had been done with them.

What I have built could be found, un-primed, sitting on shelves in my sci-fi storage cabinet. As can be seen there are lots of bits that have not been attached to anything, also the tanks on the right are just the shells, no details added.

This week I decided to get working on this long neglected project. I started with the Martians as they seemed the easiest to do, and they were. I was able to build and prime 10 walkers. I still have more to finish, maybe this weekend.
The Martian forces at the start of the week

Martian forces at the end of the week.

Well you can only build so many tripods before it gets a little boring, and I have had another big purchase that has also been gathering dust in the corner.

So yesterday I decided to tackle the American land ship.
It is a nifty model, but bloody heavy! The body is heavy resin while the gun barrels, railings, stairs etc are soft lead.  It was so much fun trying to prime this, as it was awkward to hold, heavy, and the lead superstructure and railings had a tendency to get bent.

But my she is yar!







No comments:

Post a Comment